Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Milwaukee Bucks 93-73.
The Cavaliers have enjoyed the tag-team combination of small forward Cedi Osman and point guard Darius Garland. The former has shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and has recorded 21 points and five rebounds, while the latter has 20 points and six assists. Small forward Jordan Nwora has led the way so far for Milwaukee, as he has 24 points along with nine boards.
Milwaukee has lost 85% of their games in which they were down going into the fourth quarter. Barring a miraculous turnaround, this matchup will end the same way.
Cleveland @ Milwaukee
Current Records: Cleveland 18-12; Milwaukee 19-12
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Milwaukee Bucks at 9 p.m. ET this past Saturday at Fiserv Forum after having had a few days off. The Cavaliers have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with Milwaukee and are hoping to record their first victory since March 20 of 2019.
Everything came up roses for Cleveland at home against the Houston Rockets this past Wednesday as the squad secured a 124-89 win. The game was pretty much decided by the half, when the score had already reached 69-38. Cleveland’s success was spearheaded by the efforts of point guard Darius Garland, who had 21 points, and shooting guard Isaac Okoro, who had 20 points.
Meanwhile, Milwaukee fought the good fight in their overtime contest against the New Orleans Pelicans this past Friday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 116-112. A silver lining for Milwaukee was the play of point guard Jrue Holiday, who had 40 points and five assists along with five boards.
The Cavaliers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a 13-game streak of ATS wins.
Cleveland is now 18-12 while the Bucks sit at 19-12. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Cleveland comes into the matchup boasting the second fewest points allowed per game in the league at 101.5. As for Milwaukee, they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 43.90%, which places them third in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Fiserv Forum — Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- TV: Bally Sports – Ohio
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $39.60
The Cavaliers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Bucks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Bucks as a 1.5-point favorite.
Milwaukee have won 13 out of their last 23 games against Cleveland.
- Dec 06, 2021 – Milwaukee 112 vs. Cleveland 104
- Feb 06, 2021 – Milwaukee 124 vs. Cleveland 99
- Feb 05, 2021 – Milwaukee 123 vs. Cleveland 105
- Jan 09, 2021 – Milwaukee 100 vs. Cleveland 90
- Dec 14, 2019 – Milwaukee 125 vs. Cleveland 108
- Nov 29, 2019 – Milwaukee 119 vs. Cleveland 110
- Oct 28, 2019 – Milwaukee 129 vs. Cleveland 112
- Mar 24, 2019 – Milwaukee 127 vs. Cleveland 105
- Mar 20, 2019 – Cleveland 107 vs. Milwaukee 102
- Dec 14, 2018 – Milwaukee 114 vs. Cleveland 102
- Dec 10, 2018 – Milwaukee 108 vs. Cleveland 92
- Mar 19, 2018 – Cleveland 124 vs. Milwaukee 117
- Dec 19, 2017 – Milwaukee 119 vs. Cleveland 116
- Nov 07, 2017 – Cleveland 124 vs. Milwaukee 119
- Oct 20, 2017 – Cleveland 116 vs. Milwaukee 97
- Feb 27, 2017 – Cleveland 102 vs. Milwaukee 95
- Dec 21, 2016 – Cleveland 113 vs. Milwaukee 102
- Dec 20, 2016 – Cleveland 114 vs. Milwaukee 108
- Nov 29, 2016 – Milwaukee 118 vs. Cleveland 101
- Apr 05, 2016 – Cleveland 109 vs. Milwaukee 80
- Mar 23, 2016 – Cleveland 113 vs. Milwaukee 104
- Nov 19, 2015 – Cleveland 115 vs. Milwaukee 100
- Nov 14, 2015 – Milwaukee 108 vs. Cleveland 105
Injury Report for Milwaukee
- Semi Ojeleye: Game-Time Decision (Calf)
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo: Game-Time Decision (Calf)
- Rodney Hood: Game-Time Decision (Achilles)
- Wesley Matthews: Out (Covid-19)
- Khris Middleton: Out (Knee)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: Out (Covid-19)
- Bobby Portis: Out (Covid-19)
- Donte DiVincenzo: Out (Covid-19)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Isaac Okoro: Out (Covid-19)
- Evan Mobley: Out (Covid-19)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)