Major League Baseball players and owners set a Monday deadline to get a full season of games in 2022, the NBA returns to action after the All-Star break and retired quarterback Tom Brady is producing a movie about … Tom Brady.
For a rundown of those stories and more, check out The Sporting News 7, a podcast that brings you the seven biggest sports stories in seven minutes at 7 a.m. ET every weekday.
Building on the award-winning journalism of The Sporting News, you’ll get all you need to know in one handy, bite-sized podcast hosted by Demetria Obilor.
The Sporting News 7 is a unique take on the day’s biggest talking points in sports, and you can find it on Spotify, Apple or wherever you get your podcasts.
Here are the seven stories you’ll hear about on Thursday, Feb. 24, 2022:
- MLB: League sets Monday deadline to agree collective bargaining deal or it will start cutting regular season games
- NFL: Green Bay give latest on Aaron Rodgers, talks ongoing but no decision on his future
- NBA: regular season games return Thursday night, NYC officials give hope Kyrie Irving could be allowed to play home games soon
- NCAAB: Providence closes in on Big East conference championship despite going to triple overtime against Xavier
- SOCCER: USWNT wins #SheBelieves Cup with 5-0 victory against Iceland
- SOCCER: Liverpool cut gap at top of Premier League to 3 points, Manchester United rookie Anthony Elanga earns a draw against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League
- NFL: Tom Brady to produce and star in new Hollywood movie