Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Orlando Magic, but thus far the points are on their side. Sitting on a score of 74-66, they have looked like the better team out there today, but there’s still one more quarter to play.
Orlando has been relying on center Robin Lopez, who has 18 points along with six boards, and shooting guard Gary Harris, who has 15 points and four assists in addition to seven rebounds. Lopez does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four.
Center Blake Griffin has led the way so far for the Brooklyn Nets, as he has 17 points and five assists along with seven rebounds.
The Magic’s lead is the biggest they have had this year going into the fourth quarter.
Orlando @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Orlando 5-25; Brooklyn 21-8
What to Know
The Orlando Magic might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against the Brooklyn Nets at 7:30 p.m. ET Dec. 18 at Barclays Center. Brooklyn will be strutting in after a win while the Magic will be stumbling in from a loss.
Orlando came up short against the Miami Heat on Friday, falling 115-105. Despite the defeat, Orlando got a solid performance out of power forward Chuma Okeke, who posted a double-double on 18 points and ten boards along with six steals. Okeke’s performance made up for a slower contest against the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday. Okeke’s points were the most he has had all season.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn was able to grind out a solid victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Thursday, winning 114-105. It was another big night for Brooklyn’s power forward Kevin Durant, who almost dropped a triple-double on 34 points, 11 rebounds, and eight assists. KD’s night made it four games in a row in which he has scored at least 31 points.
The Magic are expected to lose this next one by 5.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past three games, so buyers beware.
Orlando is now 5-25 while the Nets sit at 21-8. Brooklyn is 13-7 after wins this year, and Orlando is 5-19 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $25.00
The Nets are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Nets as a 1.5-point favorite.
Orlando have won 12 out of their last 23 games against Brooklyn.
- Nov 19, 2021 – Brooklyn 115 vs. Orlando 113
- Nov 10, 2021 – Brooklyn 123 vs. Orlando 90
- Mar 19, 2021 – Orlando 121 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Feb 25, 2021 – Brooklyn 129 vs. Orlando 92
- Jan 16, 2021 – Brooklyn 122 vs. Orlando 115
- Aug 11, 2020 – Brooklyn 108 vs. Orlando 96
- Jul 31, 2020 – Orlando 128 vs. Brooklyn 118
- Feb 24, 2020 – Orlando 115 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Jan 06, 2020 – Orlando 101 vs. Brooklyn 89
- Feb 02, 2019 – Orlando 102 vs. Brooklyn 89
- Jan 23, 2019 – Brooklyn 114 vs. Orlando 110
- Jan 18, 2019 – Brooklyn 117 vs. Orlando 115
- Mar 28, 2018 – Brooklyn 111 vs. Orlando 104
- Jan 01, 2018 – Brooklyn 98 vs. Orlando 95
- Oct 24, 2017 – Orlando 125 vs. Brooklyn 121
- Oct 20, 2017 – Brooklyn 126 vs. Orlando 121
- Apr 06, 2017 – Orlando 115 vs. Brooklyn 107
- Apr 01, 2017 – Brooklyn 121 vs. Orlando 111
- Dec 16, 2016 – Orlando 118 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Mar 29, 2016 – Orlando 139 vs. Brooklyn 105
- Jan 08, 2016 – Orlando 83 vs. Brooklyn 77
- Dec 30, 2015 – Orlando 100 vs. Brooklyn 93
- Dec 14, 2015 – Orlando 105 vs. Brooklyn 82
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Nicolas Claxton: Out (Wrist)
- LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Covid-19)
- Paul Millsap: Out (Covid-19)
- James Johnson: Out (Covid-19)
- James Harden: Out (Covid-19)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Covid-19)
- DeAndre’ Bembry: Out (Covid-19)
- Jevon Carter: Out (Covid-19)
- Bruce Brown: Out (Covid-19)
- Kevin Durant: Out (Ankle)
- Day’Ron Sharpe: Out (Covid-19)
- Joe Harris: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Orlando
- E’Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Wendell Carter Jr.: Out (Lower Leg)
- Cole Anthony: Out (Ankle)
- Moe Wagner: Out (Covid-19)
- Mo Bamba: Out (Ankle)
- Terrence Ross: Out (Covid-19)
- Iggy Brazdeikis: Out (Covid-19)
- R.J. Hampton: Out (Covid-19)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)
- Jalen Suggs: Out (Thumb)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)