How to watch Kings vs. Thunder basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 2 Quarters
Down two at the end of last quarter, the Sacramento Kings have now snagged the lead. At halftime neither squad has the game in the bag, but the Kings lead 61-57 over the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Sacramento has been relying on shooting guard Tyrese Haliburton, who has 11 points and five assists along with two blocks, and center Damian Jones, who has seven points in addition to five rebounds. Oklahoma City hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to 11 points or fewer.
Oklahoma City @ Sacramento
Current Records: Oklahoma City 12-20; Sacramento 13-21
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Sacramento Kings are even-steven against one another since December of 2015 (11-11), but not for long. Oklahoma City will wrap up 2021 with a road trip to face off against the Kings at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday at Golden 1 Center. Oklahoma City will be strutting in after a win while Sacramento will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, Oklahoma City beat the New Orleans Pelicans 117-112 on Sunday. Oklahoma City’s shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander did his thing and had 31 points and five assists in addition to three blocks.
Meanwhile, Sacramento got maybe a little too into the holiday spirit, gifting the Memphis Grizzlies an easy 127-102 victory. This matchup was a close 50-49 at the break, but unfortunately for the Kings it sure didn’t stay that way. Point guard De’Aaron Fox wasn’t much of a difference maker for Sacramento; Fox picked up four fouls and turned the ball over seven times en route to a 12-point finish.
Oklahoma City is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a six-game streak of ATS wins.
Oklahoma City is now 12-20 while Sacramento sits at 13-21. Two stats to keep an eye on: The Thunder are worst in the league in points per game, with only 100.1 on average. The Kings have experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the game with the second most points allowed per game in the league, having given up 114.4 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center — Sacramento, California
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $25.00
The Kings are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Kings as a 6-point favorite.
Sacramento and Oklahoma City both have 11 wins in their last 22 games.
- Nov 12, 2021 – Oklahoma City 105 vs. Sacramento 103
- May 11, 2021 – Sacramento 122 vs. Oklahoma City 106
- May 09, 2021 – Sacramento 126 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- May 04, 2021 – Sacramento 103 vs. Oklahoma City 99
- Feb 27, 2020 – Oklahoma City 112 vs. Sacramento 108
- Jan 29, 2020 – Oklahoma City 120 vs. Sacramento 100
- Dec 11, 2019 – Sacramento 94 vs. Oklahoma City 93
- Feb 23, 2019 – Sacramento 119 vs. Oklahoma City 116
- Dec 19, 2018 – Oklahoma City 132 vs. Sacramento 113
- Nov 19, 2018 – Sacramento 117 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Oct 21, 2018 – Sacramento 131 vs. Oklahoma City 120
- Mar 12, 2018 – Oklahoma City 106 vs. Sacramento 101
- Feb 22, 2018 – Oklahoma City 110 vs. Sacramento 107
- Jan 15, 2018 – Oklahoma City 95 vs. Sacramento 88
- Nov 07, 2017 – Sacramento 94 vs. Oklahoma City 86
- Mar 18, 2017 – Oklahoma City 110 vs. Sacramento 94
- Jan 15, 2017 – Oklahoma City 122 vs. Sacramento 118
- Nov 23, 2016 – Sacramento 116 vs. Oklahoma City 101
- Apr 09, 2016 – Sacramento 114 vs. Oklahoma City 112
- Feb 29, 2016 – Oklahoma City 131 vs. Sacramento 116
- Jan 04, 2016 – Sacramento 116 vs. Oklahoma City 104
- Dec 06, 2015 – Oklahoma City 98 vs. Sacramento 95
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Alex Len: Out (Covid-19)
- Davion Mitchell: Out (Covid-19)
- Neemias Queta: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Vit Krejci: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Tre Mann: Out (Covid-19)
- Derrick Favors: Out (Covid-19)
- Darius Bazley: Out (Covid-19)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl: Out (Covid-19)
- Aleksej Pokusevski: Out (Covid-19)
- Josh Giddey: Out (Covid-19)