Through 2 Quarters
The point spread is against the Denver Nuggets, but thus far the points are on their side. They are in control with a 72-54 lead over the Atlanta Hawks.
The Nuggets have been riding high on the performance of center Nikola Jokic, who has 13 points and five assists in addition to seven rebounds and three steals. A double-double would be Jokic’s 12th in a row. Jokic does need to be careful, however, as he is in early foul trouble with three.
Atlanta hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to 12 points or fewer.
This is tied with the most points Denver has had yet this season going into the third quarter.
Denver @ Atlanta
Current Records: Denver 14-14; Atlanta 14-14
What to Know
The Denver Nuggets have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will square off against the Atlanta Hawks at 7:30 p.m. ET Friday at State Farm Arena. Atlanta will be strutting in after a victory while the Nuggets will be stumbling in from a loss.
Denver ended up a good deal behind the Minnesota Timberwolves when they played on Wednesday, losing 124-107. Denver was down 108-88 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The losing side was boosted by center Nikola Jokic, who dropped a triple-double on 27 points, 11 assists, and ten boards.
Meanwhile, Atlanta didn’t have too much trouble with the Orlando Magic on the road on Wednesday as they won 111-99. Atlanta’s point guard Trae Young did his thing and had 28 points.
The Nuggets are expected to lose this next one by 3.5. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn’t have high expectations for them since the squad is 3-6 ATS when expected to lose.
Denver beat the Hawks 105-96 in the teams’ previous meeting last month. The rematch might be a little tougher for Denver since the team won’t have home-court advantage. We’ll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $21.00
The Hawks are a 3.5-point favorite against the Nuggets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hawks as a 4-point favorite.
Atlanta have won eight out of their last 13 games against Denver.
- Nov 12, 2021 – Denver 105 vs. Atlanta 96
- Mar 28, 2021 – Denver 126 vs. Atlanta 102
- Feb 21, 2021 – Atlanta 123 vs. Denver 115
- Jan 06, 2020 – Denver 123 vs. Atlanta 115
- Nov 12, 2019 – Atlanta 125 vs. Denver 121
- Dec 08, 2018 – Atlanta 106 vs. Denver 98
- Nov 15, 2018 – Denver 138 vs. Atlanta 93
- Jan 10, 2018 – Atlanta 110 vs. Denver 97
- Oct 27, 2017 – Denver 105 vs. Atlanta 100
- Feb 08, 2017 – Atlanta 117 vs. Denver 106
- Dec 23, 2016 – Atlanta 109 vs. Denver 108
- Mar 17, 2016 – Atlanta 116 vs. Denver 98
- Jan 25, 2016 – Atlanta 119 vs. Denver 105
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Bogdan Bogdanovic: Out (Ankle)
- De’Andre Hunter: Out (Wrist)
- Solomon Hill: Out for the Season (Hamstring)
Injury Report for Denver
- Austin Rivers: Game-Time Decision (Covid-19)
- Markus Howard: Out (Knee)
- JaMychal Green: Out (Ankle)
- Bol Bol: Out (Covid-19)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out for the Season (Back)
- PJ Dozier: Out for the Season (Knee)